A pattern of eating and not eating is the intermittent fasting. It is not at all a diet. In intermittent fasting, the meals are scheduled in such a way that you get the most out of it. In this type of fasting; what matters more is when you eat and not what you eat.
Just think what can be better than losing weight without going on crazy diets. Moreover, intermittent fasting is an excellent way to lose fat while keeping muscle mass on.
Intermittent fasting is the simplest strategy that you can follow to keep good weight on. All you need to do is bring a little change in your lifestyle and eating routine. It will definitely make a huge difference in your life. The condition is that you need to stick to healthy food only. Then fasting will not create any problem for you.
Types of Intermittent Fasting
In the past few years, several different types of intermittent fasting have come into trend. The following are some of the popular types:
- Eat-stop-eat – If you want to follow this method, then don’t eat anything from dinner one day to dinner the second day. You need not do it daily. Just do it once or twice a week. In simple words, it is 24 hours fast.
- The 16/8 method – In this method, you can eat only between noon and 8 pm, and you have to fast for 16 hours a day.
- The 5:2 diet – If following this method, then you can normally eat five days of the week. But the other two days you have to eat between 500 and 600 calories only.
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
When you don’t eat food for an extended period of time, you do a whole lot of good to your body and brain. Most of the time, we just sit in front of our laptops and eat whatever we want to eat. But our bodies are not adapted to such behavior. Switching to intermittent fasting can boost our performance in several ways and can also expand our limits.
Now let us talk about the amazing benefits that doing intermittent fasting can bring:
- It helps in increasing the energy level of our body.
- It boosts the weight loss process.
- It promotes autophagy and cellular repair. Autophagy is the process when your body consumes defective tissues to produce the new parts.
- It helps you live longer.
- It helps in lowering the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
- It also protects the body from neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- It helps in improving memory and boosts the functioning of the brain.
- It helps in making cells more resilient.
- It may also reduce the risk of cancer.
So, if you are planning to lose weight, then contact a lifestyle consultant to achieve healthy weight goals through intermittent fasting.