1) If you don’t want too much competition from other SEO’s, choose your keywords precisely. For example, Instead of Hotel, choose keywords like a cheap hotel, royal hotel, best hotel, Los vegas hotel, etc. The order of keywords also matters for search engines. For example, search engine treats “Los vegas hotel” and “hotel Los vegas” as different keywords.
2) Best SEO practice is to get at least one of your primary keywords in your website’s domain or subdomain name. You can use hyphens (-) to separate multiple keywords.
3) Get your second or third keywords in your directory name and filename. For example, http://www.tqdq.com/seo/tips-tricks.html is best for keyword “seo tips,” “seo tricks,” and “seo tips and tricks”
4) Keep your webpage free from any syntax error, declare document type initially, and validate your HTML and CSS because the search engine bot doesn’t like pages with too many errors.
5) Give a short Title to your pages in 3-9 words (60-80 characters) maximum in length containing your primary keyword. Remember it will be displayed in search results, so choose wisely.
6) Try to include your most important keyword phrases in heading tags on your web page if you can, but keep in mind it should not be the same as your page title. YouFor example, youn use (H1 H2 H3) tag for specifying anything important. To reduce the size of the heading, you can use CSS styling.
7) Specify Meta keywords in the heading of the document. Limit it to 15 to 20 words. Although not all search engines give importance, there is no harm in doing it. Search engines like Yahoo still give it some importance.
Read More Articles :
- Top-notch splendor seems at fall 2018
- Top 10 Overseas Property Investments in 2010
- Essential SEO Techniques That Your Website Should Be Using
- Top 4 Cheap And Used Mobiles in 2016
- Good Business Is the Foundation of Good SEO
9) Use text for navigation menu instead of using images or Java scripts. But if you want to use images, use the “alt” attribute that best suits your menu item link.
10) Try to include your most important keyword in hyperlinked text and text that immediately precedes or follows the hyperlink. Do not use the same keyword. Always use synonyms at few places.
11) Once again, use the “alt” attribute for all your images inside your content, reflecting your content’s primary keyword.
12) One of the best webmaster guidelines is to submit a sitemap of your website to make sure search engine crawlers index all pages of your website.
13) Keep the size of your web pages less than 50KB so it can be downloaded fast and visitors don’t have to wait for long. For a good SEO site, ideal page size should be 20KB.
15) Don’t use dynamic url because it doesn’t contain keywords, so it’s not searching engine friendly. If you are using any script that shows dynamic pages, then make sure it should include one keyword. You can use url rewriter script for changing dynamic url to static one.
16) Don’t try to spam and never use methods like cloaking, keyword spamming, or doorway pages. Many seo advise to have multiple domain names and link each other, but according to seo professionals, the search engine can penalize you for this. Instead of that, try to add more quality content to your existing website.
17) Submit your website only once to Google, MSN, Yahoo, AltaVista, and other search engines and open directory. Don’t use any script or website for automatic submission.
18) If your website contents change very often, then provide the visitor with Newsletter and RSS feed.
19) Write articles on websites related to your higher page ranking and leave your website link. You can do the same by writing a comment on high PR blogs related to your content.
20) Get text links from other sites and blogs related to yours; search engines consider it as a vote in your favor.
By following our top 20 tips and some other guidelines provided by us, you can get in the top 10 positions in SERPs.