There are literally hundreds of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips from various sources all across the internet. Many internet marketers will claim that their internet tips will guarantee you the “holy grail” of internet marketing which is the top spot on Google. Realistically, no one knows Google’s secret algorithm, and the people who “guarantee” a top spot on Google are selling you a scam. The secret to SEO is simply beating the other guys. Like the old saying goes… “You don’t have to run faster than the bear; you just have to run faster than the guy next to you.” This is the secret to that top spot ranking. You must have a better SEO-optimized site than your competitors.
With that in mind, we have put together a “Top 10” list of SEO tips that we KNOW work. We know they work because we have tried them ourselves, and we have seen them work for our customers who have tried them. So do these, and we guarantee your site will move up the rankings.
1. Content is King. Or, in the words of John Reese, “Content is better than King, Content is Kong!” Think of your website like internet real estate. The more internet real estate you own, the more important you are to the search engines. If you notice how many pages and how much content “The Biggies” (i.e., Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Wikipedia, etc.) have, it’s incredible. They have hundreds of thousands (and possibly even millions) of pages on their sites. So you need to generate fresh new content regularly. This is the MOST IMPORTANT factor of SEO.
2. Bold Your Keywords. Make a few of your keywords Bold on your pages. You can do this by using the
Read More Articles :
- Top 20 SEO Tips & Guidelines
- Top 10 SEO Tips for 2011 Rank Higher on Google With These Easy SEO Tips
- High pace internet protection recommendations and tricks
- SEO Tips and Tricks: What Not to Do in SEO and Save Penalties From Google
- Faster Browsing Tip
tags around your keywords. This can be easily overdone, but pick a couple of keywords that you are trying to optimize and make them Bold. This will notify the search engines that these words are important on your page and give you a couple of extra points for those keywords. Just be careful not to overdo it.
3. Articles. Articles are an excellent way to build content on your site. What makes articles even more valuable is that you can not only publish them on your site but also submit them to article directories that will publish them on their sites with a link back to your site. This will provide you with quality backlinks that will last for years! We are happy to help you with this. If you don’t want to do this yourself, visit our website.
4. Deep Links. Google is getting much smarter about links. Sheer quantity will not help you any longer. Even link exchanges are starting to get discounted. However, quality links are still counted heavily. It would help if you had links coming into as many pages within your site as possible. This tells the search engines that you have relevant content all over your site and not using an automated link exchange. If all of your inbound links are to the same page, the search engines think you have a shallow site with only one page relevant to the topic or keyword.
5. Image Links are a Problem. If you feel you must use image links, make sure you have text links that appear first in your coding. The search spiders will follow the first link they come across, and all signs show they will not follow an image link. Now, we must inform you that no one knows the behaviors of search spiders exactly, and the behaviors of search spiders are always changing. But, our research has proved that search spiders will not follow additional links to the same page.
6. Have Multiple Domains. If you can, have a separate domain name for each topic/keyword. Search engines take into consideration the URL of a website when they are ranking for keywords. For example, if you create two identical golf equipment sites, you are trying to optimize for the keyword phrase: Nike Golf Balls. Which URL do you think Google will rank higher: GolfStuff.com/products/nikegolfballs.html or NikeGolfBalls.com? In this case, NikeGolfBalls.com would get priority.
7. Participate in Article Exchanges. Article exchanges are like link exchanges on steroids! Article exchanges are a great way to build quality content on your site and get your content out on other sites. An example of an article exchange would be if you published someone else’s article on your site with a link back to their site; in turn, they will publish one of your articles with a link back to your site. This is especially effective if you have a specialized product. Let’s use our Nike golf ball example. You publish an article from a site that gives tips and tricks on improving your golf game and provide a link to their site. In turn, they publish your article on Nike golf balls with a link back to your site. If done right, this is a win-win situation. The other side gets some of your traffic from people interested in tips and tricks, and you get some of their traffic from people interested in Nike golf balls.
8. Mix Up Your Inbound Links. You do not want all of your inbound links to look the same. If all your links look the same, they will be discounted by the search engines because it looks like automation. It is best to mix it up, especially utilizing keywords. Typically web admins will use their page’s title as the link text, which is OK, but not all the time. Instead, use the name of the company or keywords. If you use the keywords, this will give you extra points with the search engines regarding your page’s relevancy for that keyword.
9. Linkbait. By far, the best way to get incoming links is through Linkbait. Linkbait is having content that others find valuable and link to it. This relates to content and is by far the best way to get quality natural links. If you write a killer article or blog post, people will link to it without any additional effort from you, and the search engines will pick up on this.
10. Include a Sitemap. This is one of the simplest tips that many web admins ignore. Keeping an up-to-date sitemap makes your site much easier for the search engines to index. Many SEO experts claim that simply having a sitemap yields a few extra points from the search engines. Whether that is true or not, making your site more pleasing to the search robots and spiders is always a good thing. If you do not know how to make a sitemap, you can perform a Google search for XML-Sitemaps and find one that will generate one for you for free!
If you utilize these tips, you will be ahead of 95% internet marketers on the internet. As I mentioned before, the key to SEO is simply beating your competitors. For some niches, this can be quite easy. For others, this can be not easy. If you feel like you need help beating your competition, we can generate a detailed report that explains exactly what your site needs to be on top. This report is absolutely FREE with our service. Our goal is to make our clients’ sites the top sites on the internet. So sign up for our service and start beating the competition today!