If you have been considering upgrading your dial-up connection to an internet service that is faster and more reliable, or if you have been eyeing different internet service providers (ISPs) who are offering different types of internet connection platforms, then one question has surely crossed your mind: what can broadband internet do for me?
Broadband internet has become the most popular option for the majority of internet users. Studies show that, in the US alone, broadband penetration is at a high 80%.
What makes broadband internet so widely used?
Answering that question would also entail answering the query “what can broadband internet do for me?”
There are many benefits to using broadband internet service. Here are 7 of them:
1. It is faster. Broadband high-speed internet can be 12 to 400 times faster than a dial-up connection, depending on the plan you will subscribe to. This is a very significant increase the will completely change the way you enjoy the internet. And with the internet playing a huge part in our daily lives today, a much faster internet connection will likewise change certain aspects of your life.
2. Download to your heart’s content. Do you download huge files online for business or pleasure? With a dial-up connection, downloading a file that is more than 5MB in size would consume a couple of hours. Nowadays, some broadband internet plans allow you to download a 5MB file in less than 3 seconds. The possibilities are endless. 500 MB? 1 GB? 20 GB? You can get files of any size from the internet and get to enjoy them after a quick download.
3. Better video streaming experience. Recent studies reveal that 7 out of 10 online users prefer to watch the information they need rather than read it. If you’re one of these people, then broadband internet is for you. You can get to enjoy an unhampered viewing experience with a fast connection. No peskier buffering. No more “disconnected from server” alarms. No more waiting. The moment you press Play, you’ll get to enjoy your video in a smooth manner comparable to playing a movie on your Blu-ray or DVD player. Plus, you can even get to enjoy HD-quality movies being streamed from the internet because of the fast connection speed.
4. Optimized for online games. 11% of internet users use their connections to play online games. Whether it’s an FPS, an MMORPG, or a multiplayer casual game, you won’t have to deal with game-breaking lag. Some online games have a very low tolerance for latency. MMORPGs, for example, usually suffer gameplay issues when the latency reaches 200 ms. With a broadband high-speed internet connection, this wouldn’t be a problem. Lag will be non-existent, and latency is guaranteed to be negligible.
5. Always on. A broadband internet connection is a very convenient service to own as you won’t have to log in every time you want to go online. The connection is always on, and it’s ready to go once you turn on your PC.
6. Keep up with the times. Studies show that 72% of websites today assume that users are on broadband internet connection. The majority of them built their web pages under this presumption. Hence, most websites may take quite some time to load, if they load at all, for dial-up connections. If you want to get the information you need immediately after requesting the same, this generation calls for a broadband internet connection.
7. Higher bandwidth. Dial-up connections are slow, but they become even slower when two or more people simultaneously log on to the same account. A broadband internet connection allows a bigger bandwidth, and connection speed hardly suffers when multiple users access it simultaneously. This makes broadband internet the perfect choice for businesses with a sizable staff who heavily rely on the internet.
The benefits above should be able to satisfactorily answer the question “what can broadband internet do for me?” Of course, there are more benefits, but those that we have discussed above are about the aspects of the online experience that are the most popular these days.
Hughesnet is rolling out its 4th-generation high-speed satellite Internet [http://www.abroadbandinternetconnection.com] service – HughesNet Gen4- to give you more of what you need, including dramatically improved performance and support for high-bandwidth applications like voice, video, and music.